Quote Originally Posted by theNater View Post
I think the real take-away here is that three(or more) levels ago, Belkar had somewehere in the neighborhood of 80 HP. So an effect that does somewhere in the neighborhood of 70 HP is probably not going to kill him from full health.
But he's not at full health (the tussle with Durkula needs to be accounted for), and as remarkably stupid as Belkar would have to be to not have packed healing potions, well... Belkar has proven time and again that he can be remarkably stupid, especially when it comes to being prepared for things he hasn't already experienced. I actually think it might be more likely that he has something like a Ring of Feather Fall or something (since this guy has thrown him off the Mechane twice) than to have healing potions, since, while he's directly experienced Durkula mind controlling him and throwing him off high places, he has not experienced Durkula (or Durkon, for that matter) displaying the martial capacity to beat him one on one.

I am a big fan of how these numbers are working out, though. If nothing else, there probably won't be any people complaining about the mechanics of Belkar's fall whether or not he survives. Everything else, of course, will be the usual source of strife. I would also laugh pretty hard if the Giant played around with all the people doing math to see Belkar's chances from a rules-legal perspective by saving him from the fall with something that pointedly disobeys the actual rules of the thing. Although maybe that would be a bit too repetitive, since Durkon basically did the same thing to destroy Leeky's animated trees (weather control thunder for sonic damage!) in order to rescue Vaarsuvius... Anyway, we'll see.