View Single Post

Thread: Nature-themed Classes and their Combos

1. - Top - End - #14
    Ettin in the Playground

Imp

Default Re: Nature-themed Classes and their Combos

OK, here's one that doesn't seem quite right to me, but as far as I can tell it flies by the RAW;

Nature Cleric (2) / Druid (X)

- You get to prepare 2+(Wis) Cleric Spells AND X+(Wis) Druid spells.
    - These spells must be of a level you have Spell Slots for.
    - So you miss out on an ASI and Archdruid, but gain full access to the Cleric Spell List (spell levels 1 through 9), Heavy Armour Proficiency, an additional Skill Proficiency, Animal Friendship and Speak with Animals as additional Spells Prepared and Channel Divinity: Charm Animals and Plants.

Good deal, no?

I mean, assuming a 20 Wis, you can prepare 7 Cleric Spells. As, for instance, a 15th level character (Cleric 2/Druid 13), you could choose Antimagic Field, Holy Aura, Conjure Celestial, Etherealness, Divine Word, Planar Ally and Blade Barrier. Yet you're only, technically, a 2nd level Cleric and you still have 18 Druid Spells you can prepare.
    Last edited by JellyPooga; 2015-08-29 at 06:04 AM.
    I apologise if I come across daft. I'm a bit like that. I also like a good argument, so please don't take offence if I'm somewhat...forthright.

Please be aware; when it comes to 5ed D&D, I own Core (1st printing) and SCAG only. All my opinions and rulings are based solely on those, unless otherwise stated. I reserve the right of ignorance of errata or any other source.