View Single Post

Thread: Nature-themed Classes and their Combos

1. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Nature-themed Classes and their Combos

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    I quite like the idea of Druid/Warlock being able to spam cast Conjure Animal/Woodland Being/Elemental(s) using Pact Magic and I like that Wild Shape feels very Fey as well. I'm not sure on how well it would work from anything but a roleplaying perspective though. Being that many levels behind the curve due to MCing in addition to greater MAD makes it strictly suboptimal, I think.

There could be an argument for dump-statting your physical scores (Str/Dex/Con) and using Wild Shape for combat after casting your summons and/or buffs, but then you lose out on the tasty Eldritch Blast goodness and other Warlock combat spells.
    I wasn't thinking of anything like half of each. I was thinking more like 5 levels of druid, and then sprinkle some warlock levels as you advance from there - no more than four, and probably less. This is not a build idea meant to be implemented at level 20, it's supposed to be played from scratch if necesarry. You could start out with 15 wis and cha, Vhuman +1 to each. You start with Warcaster, so you wouldn't be badly harmed by not having too high a con score. Or 14 cha 15 wis and an aasimar gives 16 in each, and you could have decentish con.

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Good deal, no?
    Too good to be true, I'm afraid. You prepare spells with each class individually, so you would only have access to first level cleric spells. And there's some overlap with the druid list (I think like 9 fresh, 6 shared), which need not be fatal, but the opposite would be nicer.
    Last edited by hymer; 2015-08-29 at 06:31 AM.
    My D&D 5th ed. Druid Handbook