Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
The simplicity helps speed things along I think. I tried a 3.5 game online and it died on the first combat because modifiers could not be straightened out between posts. Bonuses Fall, Everyone Died.
I can see that happening, when I played locally, even then a full round of battle could take a while, mostly because few of us actually knew the rules. We had a lot of takebacks, including weapons magically becoming a different one as we realized that we built the characters wrong and they could only wield a shortbow, not a longbow... And then the dwarf got mauled by a bear. To death.

Errr... ^^;
I was only kidding, but to be fair I sometimes am that kind of person that needs to look these things up.
I kind of guess you were, I just liked the idea of Denmark being "like Narnia or something". We don't have divine lions here, but we might be able to deliver on the snow queen part.

Oh we have Nutella in the USA. I can buy it by the Quart.
Awesome. I don't buy Nutella anymore. It has a habit of disappearing. With a spoon at times. So I removed the temptation.

Simplicity in that there are fewer variables to keep track of. Useful in my opinion for a PbP, but overall the best way to run PbP is to cut back on combats and run things more in the RP category. Not saying it's objectively better than other systems, just that for its own merits it is good for what I want to do with it in this instance. :3
Yeah, the right tool for the right job. Some systems lend themselves well to PbP, some don't.

Which is a little odd in my opinion. Going by the binary comment, I would see it like +1s and -1s. Add them all together and you should still net an advantage out of that example with four net Advantages.
Yeah, I get why they want to make it yes or no, and not adding it up, just for simplicity. But it does create some amusing edge cases. Take an invisible man, you cannot see him, but you know he's right next to you, so you swing a sword in his general direction. You have Disadvantage on that swing, for obvious reasons. The invisible man drops prone. You have Advantage on prone enemies in melee, so they cancel out. Conclusion, it is easier to hit an invisible man when he is sneaking around on the floor than when standing perfectly still next to you.

This is where the game needs a DM to go "No. Just no."

At this point I think my notes look less like notes and more like the framework for a Fanfic.
Ah, I have George Lucas syndrome at times. I can spin up details for worldbuilding at the drop of a hat, and will keep doing so if encouraged... but I cannot tell a story well. I'm good with why, not so good with what.

The alicorn issue stands unresolved, though. It's difficult to come up with a good way of doing them so they make sense in an RPG setting while still keeping it Noblebright as My Little Pony leans that way.

It's not the usual "Darkness with specks of light" setting, it's "Light with specks of darkness". And that darkness can be terribly dark at times, with children lost in the woods with a literal monster, sibling rivalries threatening the apocalypse, and of course there are ponies who become evil and genuine threats to the world as well. And of course that detail that ponies are not always the most mentally stable creatures. They might not be evil, but they sure can cause trouble.