Quote Originally Posted by zimmerwald1915 View Post
This moment from Hurricane Fluttershy might be the reference. It's kinda hard to see the comb, since it's pink, but it's there.
Wow, that's right. In S2 E22, Angel is combing her hair. Thank you!

Ok, so I know it's been months since I sort of paused re-watching old episodes in sequence, but here I've been watching S2 E8: The Mysterious Mare Do Well, so here are my observations.
  • In the opening, I thought Rainbow Dash was only observing the fan club meeting in secret. She's not: she actually speaks up and tells what they should call her.
  • My favourite background pony, Tornado Bolt is not in the fan club, but she's there at the well and when Rainbow Dash stops the baby carriage.
  • It's not clear whether Rainbow Dash could have saved the balloon if Mare Do Well hadn't come. She flies into the fabric of the punctured balloon, but maybe she could have been able to hold up the whole balloon by that.
  • The part where Rainbow Dash is looking for ponies in danger, but can't find anything, is a bit similar to the one in S2 E3 when Twilight is looking for friendship problems.
  • Mare Do Well not only fixes the dam, but also apparently helps Rainbow out of the river by holding a log? I didn't notice that before.
  • I wonder if the Mayor, or someone else organizing the thank you parade, knew the identity of the Mysterious Mare Do Well.
  • Mysterious Mare Do Well's costume completely cover her mane and tail and eye all the time. After the dam is fixed, you can even see that the tail isn't just covered by the cape. I agree that it's a great costume.
  • This is one of those episodes that are really hard to follow from just the sound. All the heroic acts happen only on the screen, with nobody explaining them.