1. - Top - End - #1468
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony LXXXIX: Ponythread Perfect! Yaks no Smash!

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    That's a matter of interpritation

Besides, I'm talking about how one hypothetical being would take an individual epic lich.
    I know, I was just making two unrelated observations.

Anti-magic, for that matter, if powerful enough, would go a long way to ruin the day of almost any magic-heavy creature's day, from dragons to ponies to extraplanars to demigods to deities. (And stock-issue 3.x D&D fighters.)

(On the other hand, we are aware of casters of sufficient power that simply ignore antimagic - and more concerningly, null magic areas. As in "does nto affect them even slightly." We avoid tangling with those casters.)

Quote Originally Posted by Rater202 View Post
    Of course, I've already shared my opinion that a Lich who lets people know he's a lich, or wholes himself up in a dungeon, or does any of the generic badguy stuff is already doing immortality wrong.
    It's not wrong as long as you're not dead.

You might make similar observations about any creature; dragons for example. (Which makes that first clause kind of offensive if you think about it.)

But for every such creature defeated by a band of adventurers or heroes, there are as many, if not more, bands that fail and die who do not kill the creature, and are virtually forgotten and unrecorded. RPGs and fiction are observer biased, after all.

It might not always be true to say history is written by the winners - but is far more accurate to say history is written by the survivors.
    Last edited by Aotrs Commander; 2015-09-04 at 04:14 AM.