View Single Post

Thread: [OOTS Showdown] The Feedback Thread

1. - Top - End - #20
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: [OOTS Showdown] The Feedback Thread

Quote Originally Posted by evnafets View Post
    I also think that Celia's Ability stealing ability is too overpowered.
    Suggestions for toning it down
    - only allow stealing of one ability at a time. Stealing a new ability replaces the old one that was stolen.
    - Have a "cooldown" period so that once it is used, it can't be used again for 3-4 rounds afterwards

I say let her steal active powers only, but as many as she wants. Then she can build up a huge range of possibilities, but can only use 1 each round.

As for Shojo, I do think he should be able to negatively affect non-lawful characters, but it should be in an indirect way. Perhaps an Arrest Warrant? Shojo can issue an arrest warrant. That character, hampered by the Sapphire Guard, acts on 0 for the next 2 rounds.

Whoops, thats character stuff. Ok, some general:
    Balance is very important. No problem with differing inits and HPs, but they should all be balanced out. So powerful abilities go with low HP & init. Thats obviously happening already, as with MITD (high DR, low HP; big attack, restricted).

Action stealing is a very powerful ability. Overpowered? not sure yet - give me a char with Charm and watch me abuse it :D Then decide.

There are very few defensive abilities that would reduce or avoid attacks. (ie Defensive Stance: reduces all attacks against you by 1)
    Last edited by Woolysock; 2007-02-08 at 02:07 AM.
    Listen to me, you whiny crybaby sack of undead crap, you are going to do exactly what I tell you, or I will rebuke you into next week.