Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
Archives is currently feeding me a 404 error, so I'm running off of PFSRD.

And looking at it, I find the source of confusion. Emotionless is not the relevant racial ability here. All that does is -4 to Sense Motive. Relevant here is the Constructed racial trait
Constructed: For the purposes of effects targeting creatures by type (such as a ranger's favored enemy and bane weapons), androids count as both humanoids and constructs. Androids gain a +4 racial bonus on all saving throws against mind-affecting effects, paralysis, poison, and stun effects, are not subject to fatigue or exhaustion, and are immune to disease and sleep effects. Androids can never gain morale bonuses, and are immune to fear effects and all emotion-based effects (2 RP.)

Funny, since that has nothing intrinsically linking it to being emotionless.
Ah yes, that's what the immunity is coming from. Regardless, that feat does remove their immunity along with the emotionless quality.

Regardless, I take the viewpoint that if you're immune to emotions you shouldn't be able to provide emotion components.

Quote Originally Posted by Keledrath View Post
As far as the undead thing, IIRC, it comes down to the line about all Fear effects being mind affecting. I've brought up the same argument, and always get the response of turning being a specific overriding the general of undead being immune.
Right, I agree it's a specific exception, I just brought it up to demonstrate that there are exceptions at all.