1. - Top - End - #281
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Re: Brainstorm for Psionic Tricks, Tactics, and Combos Handbook

Quote Originally Posted by Rubik View Post
    Hey, Niji. Feel free to add my tricks to your handbook, if you want, since this thread is apparently no longer updating (at least for the moment).
    That wand chamber fandango reminds me of the time my artificer was tasked to come up with a useful weapon, preferably rapid fire - so i decided to recreate the crossbow from van helsing.

enter the dual deathwand crossbow as my base, enchant it with the pocket dimension effect that can hold up to 100 bolts (per crossbow), animate it for self-reloading, splitting enchantment for extra bolts, etc. and as two deathwand crossbows, it can hold four djore in addition to the bolt stores.

then i realized that if i instead made it that one psi-artificer crossbow homunculus, i could give it the quick reloading feats, and due to that obscure rule that doesn't limit monsters to four iterative attacks per round (only characters), i can give each crossbow 4+ attacks per round, assuming i'm willing to spend the gold to boost it's BAB that high. Plus, since it's now a monster, technically, it may no longer be subject to the 200,000 gold non-epic cap for magic items. even if it is, once the character hits epic themselves, then they can finish the job.

so, the character holds it and points it in the general direction, and it hoses that area with auto-reloading, machine-gun repeating rain of death bolts. The max carrying capacity is about 200 bolts (plus maybe 5 extra per bow depending on if you also have the clip involved). nijineko suggests having one of the djores be concussion blast (to keep people away from you), energy bolt (for line effectiveness), energy ball (for homing), and something unexpected.

I could even enchant every five bolts or so with glowing (see weapon creation rules for that effect) as a tracer round. ^^
    Last edited by nijineko; 2015-09-15 at 01:56 PM.
    Arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshyo ka?