Quote Originally Posted by Grod_The_Giant View Post
If you want to use Muskets, as I said, the Musket Master's ability is incredibly valuable-- it brings the reload time all the way down to a move action, or a free action with alchemical cartridges. Without it, you'll have no way to make full attacks with your main weapon, which would be very sad. It's probably not worth a feat to add in pistols, but it won't hurt you too badly-- especially since Musket Master gives you an otherwise-necessary feat for free. Dex to Damage for them as well would be hard, though... maybe take a three level dip in Fighter (Trench Fighter)? The feats would be useful as well. In fact, if you go Gunslinger (Musket Master) 5/Swashbuckler (Picaroon) 1/Fighter (Trench Fighter) 3 you can potentially get Dex to damage with two-handed firearms, pistols, and light melee weapons.

Is Gunslinger vanilla viable at all then? If I go musket master I am really thinking of still getting the feat one handed firearms, for backup and flavor. Even though I can't add dex damge to them, it would be great to have for backup. Again roleplay flavor too, makes good sense for a marksman with rifles to have a backup pistol :)