View Single Post

Thread: Hell's Rebels IC

1. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Hell's Rebels IC

Trying the key results only in a soft rattling sound, as the door remains frustratingly closed. Eva has the right of it - any key for this particular door is long gone, leaving brute force as the only viable way through. Luckily for you, Hitori is more than capable of bursting down the door on his fourth attempt, although it takes him all but charging at the portal with his entire weight to knock it down. The resulting sound echoes through the motion and into the space beyond. Once the majority of you are through the doorway, Rexus steps through. The wonder on the nobleman's face is not easily lost. "I think I'm quickly gaining the reputation for being the fellow who states the obvious but... I think we're in the right place." Holding the torch aloft, he reveals the

The next chamber is quite a bit larger than the room to which you first descended. Twin sets of pillars grace the edges of this hall, which is completed by a long stone effigy near the rear of the room. Closer examination reveals a scene of battle carved in the stone, infernal legions and the distinct outline of Hellknight armor. But the foreground is dominated by four vaguely humanoid figures. Beyond their dimensions, any level of specificity about their features has been lost to the press of unrelenting time. Nonetheless, the way the tableau is portrayed definitively identifies them as the founding members of the Silver Ravens.

Any reverie is quickly dispelled, however, by the discordant sounds that quickly rise in pitch as the six of you enter the area. Those of you with extended vision in the darkness can make out five distinct shapes clambering down the pillars near the back of the room. These putrid looking fey bear a disquieting resemblance to a half-starved, mange-ridden opossum. A few of them use loose flaps of skin as makeshift wings to get down to the ground, but three of them remain perched up high. Alerted by the door, they unleash their first wave of attacks before any of you are even fully aware of their presence. This consists of three unbelievably long streams of vomit, all of which target the knight leading the group.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Surprise round! I've put these guys up on the map (they're the kobolds, since I couldn't find the right ones), and the ones up on the pillars are about twenty feet up. The two on the ground in the middle, and the closest pillar grimple are using their vomit abilities. The first two are against Hitori and the second is against Lillisandra (ranged touch attack, DC 11 Fort save vs nauseate on each success). The other two are readying actions to vomit in case you get closer.

Attack 1: (vs. Hitori) (1d20+3)[12] ((1d4)[3] round duration)

Attack 2: (vs. Hitori) (1d20+3)[5] ((1d4)[1] round duration)

Attack 3: (vs. Lillisandra) (1d20+3)[21] ((1d4)[2] round duration)

Oh, and I'm rolling Initiative for these guys. Rexus won't be taking part in this fight, having already used up his spells for the day and not wanting to get into melee.

Initiative: (1d20+1)[11]

Roll for initiative!

Edit: so a hit against both Hitori and Lillisandra. Both of you have to make the DC 11 Fort save. It's fairly low, so I imagine neither of you will have trouble with it.
    Last edited by 3SecondCultist; 2015-09-28 at 12:32 PM.
    Spoiler: Stuff I'm Working On
    Show
    Small Justice

An ongoing web serial about politics, vengeance, and miniature lizards. Go check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeno Desaqqara View Post
    You divine bastard.

"Life is to be lived, not controlled; and humanity is won by continuing to play in the face of certain defeat."