Thread: My Little Pony XC-OM: Enemy Un-pone

1. - Top - End - #987
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: My Little Pony XC-OM: Enemy Un-pone

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    Brotherhooves Ep
    Spoiler
    Show
    Where did Big Mac get the dress and wig though?
    Spoiler: S5 E17
    Show
    From one of her female Apple relatives, I guess. Some of them might be right there on a visit for the Sisterhooves Social; in fact I think some of the jury members were Apples. But even if they weren't Apples, she just quickly travelled a thousand miles to the end of Equestria to borrow a dress from her relatives.

That, or she got it from Rarity's store, even with Rarity out of town, with possibly the help of Sweetie Belle, just like how Applejack got the fancy dress in S4 E13. Or from whereever Applejack got the dress from in S1 E8.

-----

So, there's this poster of cast of season 5, that was released or leaked by Hasbro with many of the characters obscured. You may have seen it, I've mentioned it here a few times. Or you may have avoided looking at it if you really don't want to see any spoilers about the future episodes.

I'm posting now to give a recap of which characters we have identified from the poster. I don't claim to show any new finds, but a recap is handy because the information is scattered.
    Spoiler: Partly obscured S5 poster; also spoiler about episodes up to E23
    Show
    (Note: I've updated this section to include the new information from up to E23 now.)

Let me thank Kinrah, who has identified multiple of the obscured ponies who appear in episodes S14 to S18, SPArchaeologist who has identified the last two non-obscured ponies, plus everyone else who has helped identify any of the ponies that I failed to recognize.

Here's the poster, with the ponies marked with labels so they're easier to talk about.

We know the identities of all the non-obscured ponies.
    • On the left side of the crowd [N], The shark Vinyl's car jumped over, Lyra and Bon Bon, Minuette with Spike on her back, Moondancer, and behind them, Trouble Shoes and Party Favor.
    • On the middle left part of the crowd [O], Twinkleshine and Lemon Hearts, Silver Spoon, Diamond Tiara, Cheerilee, and behind them, the delegate from Whinnyapolis and some other delegate.
    • In the middle of the crowd [P], Pipsqueak, Tank, Applejack, Rainbow Dash, Twilight Sparkle, and behind them, Princess Cadence and Shining Armor with the wedding cake and that figure on top that's spawned some discussion, and Pinkie Pie.
    • On the middle right part of the crowd [Q], Rarity, Fluttershy, Sugar Belle and Double Diamond, and behind them, Stormy Flare (Spitfire's mother from E15) and Cinnamon Chai (the tea-shop owner from E15), then the Doctor and Rose.
    • On the right side of the crowd [R], Maud Pie, Tree Hugger, Vinyl (DJ-Pon) at his DJ car, Octavia, the Smooze, Zecora, Granny Pie, and Gummy.
    • On the top right side of the picture [S] is Derpy (Muffins) sitting in the Doctor's ship.
    • On the right hand side background [T], Steven Magnet holding Bulk Biceps, and Fluffy Clouds.
    • Next to them [U] are the one-eyed monster depicted by the Idol of Boreas, Grampa Gruff, Greta, and Gilda.
    • Near the entrance [V], Matilda and Cranky, Princess Celestia, and Princess Luna.
    • On the left hand background [W] are the angry beast and the yak youngling Pinkie met near Yakyakistan, the yak Prince Rutherford and his two lieges (weraing party supplies).
    • In the air on the extreme left [X] is Moon Glider.
    • In the air to the left form the entrance [Y], the bugbear, Sunshower, Clear Skies, and Open Skies.
    • Finally, [Z] is Discord, hovering in the middle.

We (that is, mostly Kinrah) have guesses about many of the obscured ponies. (I've probably forgotten a few more guesses, so please tell me.)
    • On the left side of the poster, in front of Minuette, [A0] is the yellow colt with super-teeth and three carrots as a cutie mark, from E18.
    • Next to him, [A1] is the bright red filly with super-strength and a hedge-hog cutie mark, from E18.
    • Behind Minuette [B0] is an unknown pony.
    • Behind Moondancer [B1] is Coco Pommel, from E16. (Update: kudos to DigoDragon who guessed this one correctly.)
    • Behind Twinkleshine [B2] is an unknown pony that may be difficult to identify because the poster doesn't show enough of its contour, but that may be Diamond Tiara's mother Spoiled Rich from E18.
    • Behind and from the left of delegates are [B3] is Method Mare 4, the purple mare with red hair from E16, playing Charity's friend.
    • Behind the two delegates [B4] is Method Mare 1, the green stallion with green hair, the one who plays the businesspony.
    • In front of Twinkleshine [C1] is the bright green filly who Diamond accuses with “mane extension” in E18.
    • Behind and to the left of Princess Cadence [D0] is Method Mare 2, the red mare with purple mane, who plays Charity Kindheart
    • Behind Princess Cadence [D1..2] is Method Mare 3, the orange mare with pink mane, who plays the businesspony's assistant. (We were hoping that this obscured pony would turn out to be Cheese Sandwich, but no.)
    • In front of Princess Cadence [E0] is an unknown pony.
    • In the center of the picture, in front of Rainbow Dash and Twilight [F0] is Scootaloo; in front of Pinkie Pie [F1] is Apple Bloom, and in front of Rarity [F4] is Sweetie Belle. They are cut from that photo taken at the end of E18, where two of them are showing off their new cutie marks.
    • Between Rarity and Twilight [F2..3] is probably Starlight Glimmer.
    • Between Shining Armor and Pinkie [G0] is Wind Rider from E15.
    • On the right hand side of Pinkie [H0] is Orchard Blossom (actually Big Mac in a costume) from E17. This explains the absence of Big Mac, which used to baffle us.
    • Behind Rarity and Fluttershy [H1] is Sassy Saddles.
    • To the left of the Doctor [H3] is Incidental Pony (Whoa Nelly), the fat pony who asked for the Princess Dress in the end of E14.
    • Behind Fluttershy and to the left of the Doctor [H2,H4] is one or more unknown characters, but the one in front of Cinnamon Chai [H2] might be Fashion Plate, the journalist from E14.
    • In the back between the royal sisters and the griffons [I0] is the pony shaped waving balloon advertisment for the furniture shop from E19.
    • On the right side of the picture, behind Double diamond and in front of the left speaker of Vinyl's table [J0] is Goth Pony (Moonlight Raven), the gray mare with purple mane from E14 who bought the "Over the Moon" dress inspired by Princess Luna, and next to him [J1] is her sister Bright Pony (Sunshine Smiles), the pink mare with yellow mane from E14 who bought the "Tripping the Light" dress inspired by Princess Celestia.
    • Next to those two ponies and between Tree Hugger and Maud Pie [J2] is Limestone Pie from E20.
    • In front of the Smooze are rest of the Pie family from E20. On the left [K0] is the mother Cloudy Quartz, in the middle [K2] is the father Igneous Rock, and on the right [K3] is Pinkie Pie's twin sister Marble Pie.
    • On the balcony on the left [L] are eleven Hooffields from E23. In particular, the rightmost [L10] is the leader Ma Hooffield, and the second from the left [L1] is the ancestor Grub Hooffield from the story Fluttershy tells.
    • On the balcony on the right [M] are eleven McColts from E23. The leftmost [M0] is the leader Big Daddy McColt.

Update 2016-02-23: Equestria Daily article from 2015-12-31 shows alleged official full version of poster.
    Last edited by b_jonas; 2016-02-23 at 08:41 AM.