View Single Post

Thread: My pantheon's take on Hextor

1. - Top - End - #16
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: My pantheon's take on Hextor

Quote Originally Posted by Mith View Post
    Fair enough. One cannot argue with Sir Terry Pratchett or Granny Weatherwax.

I was more thinking about the logic behind "No one thinks of themselves as Evil" in a world where Detect Evil is a thing.
    Oh yeah. What it comes down to, for me, is that there's really no more logical reason to think that Detect Evil is a perfect test any more than any test in the real world is. I think people just take the author's word for it rather than thinking it through from an in-world perspective.

Even in a setting like Forgotten Realms, most of those theories I listed could still apply.
    Last edited by LudicSavant; 2015-10-20 at 05:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by ProsecutorGodot
    If statistics are the concern for game balance I can't think of a more worthwhile person for you to discuss it with, LudicSavant has provided this forum some of the single most useful tools in probability calculations and is a consistent source of sanity checking for this sort of thing.
    An Eclectic Collection of Fun and Effective Builds | Comprehensive DPR Calculator | Monster Resistance Data

Nerull | Wee Jas | Olidammara | Erythnul | Hextor | Corellon Larethian | Lolth | The Deep Ones