Quote Originally Posted by MikelaC1 View Post
This season has repeated the same mistake of last season that keeps me from becoming a full fan of this show. I really dislike these nobody villains being able to push the real ones around. Last year it was Fish, and this year, its this idiot Theo controlling the Penguin. The real Penguin would tell him where to get off, and make sure it happened. But ABC, they think they know more than DC and have to invent their own villains...this Theo is a nothing, and having him around for full year is just going to make sure this show stays a loser.
I think the whole point of the show is that these aren't the fully developed out versions of the villains (and heroes) we all know from the comics.

Sure, comic!Penguin would have already found Theo's weakness, revealed Theo's crimes to the public through a reporter he has on retainer, shrugged when his mom died, and ate a snack while watching Theo's arrest on the news.

But this is a young Penguin, before he has these connections when he's just starting out. He's ruthless, but not as heartless or as cunning as he eventually becomes. I think that's a bit of a strength actually, and wish they would remember that when handling some of the less subtle characterizations (looking at you, Nygma).