1. - Top - End - #151
    Halfling in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: Myrrh, Frankincense, and Steel: Kurald Galain's Guide to the Magus

Okay, so I'm trying to build a character who's a bit of a mad scientist, obsessed with things arcane and natural. Out of combat, he'd be the party brains. In combat, we don't have a dedicated tank, but this guy would serve more of a control/attacker role instead, who uses lunging maneuvers. The build is is mostly magus with 1-2 levels in alchemist, which gives more skills (e.g. perception), mutagens, and some other little tricks. I know it's not optimized but at least it looks like fun.

Background info - the rest of the party:
    • Environment/control caster and scouting bird, a druid.
    • Arcane glass cannon and one-shotter of bosses, a sorcerer.
    • Courage-inspirer and bandaid, a bard.
    • Skillmonkey and parkouring minion-killer, a rogue.
    • Ranged switch-hitter and abuser of AC tricks, a gunslinger/swashbuckler.

This means that I get the good int- and str- boosting items, and they get the good light armor.

Background info - campaign and house rules:
    • Skull and Shackles. Combat is either open sea naval warfare or narrow underwater caverns. Swim is important.
    • No hex magus, or using cantrips for free spellstrike attacks. No vivisectionists.
    • We stop at level 14. So I can't get to the level 20 super-magus anyway.

Right then. This guy starts at level 7, and will be taking alchemist next level (8). Here is the character sheet. The important parts are under the feats/special ability section. Note: You see that weird stuff in the 3rd column? Those are feats and features that I intend to take, but I'm not sure when.

Alright. How bad is the character build? How can I modify it to make it more feasible?
    Last edited by punchbeard; 2015-10-27 at 10:32 AM.