Aldik stops, halfway down the steps and turns to face Cordelia as she speaks to him and approaches. He waits patiently for her to finish speaking before replying to her in as a respectful tone as his deep raspy voice can offer with no actual vocal cords to manipulate

" My Lady of the Black Rose, I was not aware you were a paladin prior to your association with our queen. Regardless of how you choose to refer to it, my use of the 'to fall from grace' idiom does not necessarily imply any negative connotation, or imply any actual loss in power or ability. In fact, in regards to the adversary we seek to engage at this time, it means literally that we hope to create a loss of favor for him from the holy powers that allow him to combat those he views as evil so effectively.
The fact that this may or may not have happened to you is not necessarily of importance, but it does prove that the stratagem I suggested can potentially be successful. You are a living example of exactly what I propose is possible. To say such a switch would have made you any weaker, or stronger in a direct sense would not be accurate, and such would not apply to him as you both hold within you the force of will and dedication to do great things. That force of will is not diminished by the switch in views, but it does free you from the restriction of choices that are contained within a very narrow set of options, defined as 'good' or 'benevolent', and that arguably is an increase in power all the same."

Aldik turns back around, proceeding back down the stairs

" I meant no disrespect, and I agree that it would be unwise to underestimate you. But let it be clear that I do not fear you, or anyone else for that matter. My presence here is a matter of conscious choice, and an oath of fealty which I consider binding. That oath was not made to you, but to our Queen. As you and I are both her servants, we are allied in a common goal. I urge you, in spite of anything I say, or you feel that might come between us, to remember that. She trusts you, and therefor so do I. The rest is just meaningless posturing."

He takes another step

" I hope my reply has been satisfying to you."

A few moments pass, allowing Cordeila to perhaps retort before Aldik's crimson pinpoints for eyes flash silver fire and a rainbow flash of light sweeps over everything within 5 feet of him. Instantaneously, the light is gone, and so is Aldik.