Thread: Ashourina! (In Character)

1. - Top - End - #46
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Ashourina! (In Character)

Quote Originally Posted by rweird View Post
    Sir Grave:
    Spoiler
    Show
    "While an additional garrison would prove most useful, it would only delay the inevitable. Unless we can find other allies, we will eventually overwhelm us. Saint Sal'Veen has a number of boats, and recommends that you evacuate the civilian population of Grimfell, along with as many material goods as possible, leaving your soldiers to protect them, before eventually evacuating them as well. Sal'Veen and his followers, and any other warrior who wishes to stay, remaining to cover our retreat. Hopefully, we'd be able to hold off long enough for aid to be sent. A nation's displacement is not ignorable, unlike, it seems, Sal'Veen's wisdom is." He finishes bitterly.

"However, you mentioned that your liege is seeking allies in the mountains, and an evacuation would be a great hardship on Grimfell's people. If allies can be found, I would advise that we march against this threat and strike before they are ready."
    Spoiler: rweird - Lucius
    Show

Lucius cocked his head slightly to the left. "Strike? Strike where? Our scouts have been unable to locate the threat's stronghold. It could lie anywhere in the mountains... and we have many mountains here. Unless Sal'veen has some insight we're unaware of, I won't send my King's troops down a blind alley.

"And as for our people, I can assure you, they are quite safe here. This fortress has stood strong in the face of aggression since before Grimmfell was even declared a recognized domain. It's walls have never been breached; they are as strong as the mountain itself and reinforced with metal. It has arcane countermeasures that have been tested by archmages all the way from Onara. Countless armies have tried and failed... this city has never, and will never, be taken."

This was, of course, a lie, but nonetheless, he put much emphasis and confidence behind his words... to sound convincing. The knights behind him, invigorated, clashed their gauntlets against their breastplates.

Bluff
    (1d20+13)[22]
    Aid
    (1d20)[9]
    (1d20)[8]
    (1d20)[2]
    (1d20)[1]
    (1d20)[15]
    (1d20)[17]

Last edited by Sir Grave; 2015-11-05 at 08:54 AM.
    Very busy these days and so posting will be sparse.

Extended Sig.

Lady Cordelia of Grimmfell Avatar created by yours truly.

Spoiler: Full image
    Show