Quote Originally Posted by Skeppio View Post
Luck is far more of a contributing factor than intelligence in that regard.
Both are useful. The latter is the only one you can control, though. And it, alone, usually suffices.

I'd still be lacking behind those that have been doing it for years, decades even. The kind of person people actually desire.
Not at all. It's surprising how quickly you'll see results.

I'm not even close to exaggerating. Though don't let that stop you from allowing others to lie to you to try and make me look foolish.
Well, according to (my interpretation of) Ifni and Serpentine, you have been exaggerating, yes.

So the best I should shoot for is "doesn't actively despise everything you love"?
That would already be an improvement over your current situation, would it not?

Then what the hell are you? Without my hobbies, there's nothing about me that makes me different from a robot, except that I'll wither and die long before the robot rusts or breaks.
I'm a person. I like many things, generally have a positive outlook on life, will likely enjoy someone else's (i.e. a gf of mine) hobbies even if they weren't previously mine, have a good (IMO) sense of humor and love to laugh, can also support (and give advice) in tougher times, be a travel companion, and obviously a sex partner, etc. In two words, that's what IMO a significant other is supposed to be, generally speaking.

Hobbies are something one does in their free time, they aren't the be-all-end-all. They don't define you.

People don't need much, or even any, hobby compatibility to be happy together and have a healthy relationship.