Quote Originally Posted by DragonBaneDM View Post
Don't worry, I'm turning 9.

But I rethought it. And bad or not, the idea of making different monsters different drinks is too good to pass up.

Here's my set up as it stands right now:

Set up each encounter as a "menu". My "Goblin Raid" encounter might have a Red Dragon (Fireball and Hard Cider), 2 Goblins (Light Beers, nice and easy), a Hobgoblin (Stout). I can keep track of whatever guests are on which encounter on my white board, along with their class.

Players attempt to defeat the monsters by rolling their d20s (that's the party favor) and noting what happens on the encounter sheet. A 11+ hits and a 10- misses most monsters. Missing a monster causes them to have to take a sip, or, if it's a dragon, everyone has to drink! Different classes might be good and receive bonuses at different types of monsters/drinks? Don't want to make it too complicated. At the end of an encounter, each player gets a set amount of XP and can hook up with a different group to try the next encounter! Player with the most XP at the end of the night wins a Nerf sword or something. (There's gonna be like 10 of us.)

While I like the idea of the clerics giving out water or coffee, I don't want people to feel like drinking water if they're feeling bad is cheating or unallowed. I'd rather have a "unconscious" condition, maybe if you finish your drink for rolling poorly before the monster is "defeated", you fall unconscious, but a cleric can get you back in the game! (This would give the cleric a share of your XP as well, so would the Fighter using his/her ability to to take some of your drink into a separate glass and help you with it.)

Does that make a lick of sense? Too complicated? Too simple?
I want to come, but I don't have a designated driver