Spoiler: Vindira
Show
Grommiskalt smiles knowingly at Vindira's reaction. You get the impression that he revealed this knowledge about you as something of a demonstration or display of power: if he can afford to casually reveal something she keeps very private, how valuable are things he considers secrets?

His reply, though, is polite and businesslike. "If the book detailed that, I doubt very much that he would have allowed its continued existence," the troll says. "I expect pieces, only. Fragments of information about his former identity, perhaps, but not a complete accounting. To address your other questions, I would consider either task to be an adequate repayment. If you complete both I will find another reward for you as well. I am confident that I can arrange something you will value."

"I will provide you with a token that you may use to call me, when you are finished," he says. "And only when you are finished." With a flick of his fingers, he produces a small disk of ivory or bone which he then sets on the table. "I will come to your location and collect what I am owed. Regarding the wizard, I will give you what information I have that you need to find her. My knowledge of her location is limited, or I would have hunted her down myself, but it should be more than sufficient for you to begin searching for her."

"Regarding the cult, there is an alchemist in Iceferry who works under the name of Sie. She doesn't venerate your lord herself, but one does not deal in drugs and poisons without trafficking with those who do. She will know how to contact them."

"And as for conditions of failure, I have few. These tasks must be completed in a reasonable amount of time; I think one month should be more than sufficient for someone of your talents, though I am not inflexible on that point if you feel the need for more time. Should you call me without having something to deliver, that will be grounds for me to consider you to have failed. Should you deliberately provide a forged or falsified copy of the book, I will be similarly displeased."

You get the impression that he's dealing with you honestly. He might impose heavy consequences if you fail to meet the terms of his deal, but he isn't going out of his way to set you up.

Spoiler: Adolin, Currial, and Nirallus
Show
"As far as I'm aware it's the simple passage of time," the wight says to Currial. "It isn't something I've concerned myself with overly much. This process has begun before, and the interval between events seems to be fairly consistent."