Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeIncluded View Post

Again, even if they always feel different and V, who is only just starting to pay attention and so might not be that practiced at noticing subtle differences between conscious and unconscious intent over the link, noticed, who's to say Blackwing didn't do that before? Which is more likely? A running gag playing off one of Blackwing's character traits when the strip hasn't had humor for several updates, or V reverting to old behaviors that s/he is over a book past? Especially when one of the comic's main points is on the merit of growing and changing.

Dismissiveness isn't always callousness. And honestly I don't see the point in always assuming the worst of V.
Dismissiveness is always a sign that you don't think the other person's concerns are important. The "only just starting to pay attention" excuse is wearing mighty thin a whole book after V supposedly started paying attention. And the point about how good growth and change is can best be made by contrasting a person who grows and changes with a person who doesn't.

The appeal to humor might carry more weight with me if I found Blackwing particularly funny. I don't. But that's just my bias.