Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
No. That one ability is not the defining ability of the archetype.
Of course it is. Ranged spellstrike is the only unique feature the myrm gets, so that clearly is its defining ability.

The problem is that the fighter is generally considered not a very good class, except with certain archetypes like Lore Warden or Mutation Warrior (which wouldn't stack with this one), or with the new stamina system (which by default a Magus cannot use). So that a myrmidarch is in some ways "better than a fighter" is really not a strong case for the myrm. Yes, most classes in the game are better than the fighter, we know that.

That doesn't change the facts that (1) the myrm is substantially weaker than other Magus archetypes, and (2) the myrm's core feature, i.e. ranged spell combat, doesn't work as written.

Also, I believe if you wanted to, you could use the ranged spellstrike with Siege engines.
I've actually never heard of a campaign that involved siege engines. That said, you shouldn't ask if a myrm can use siege engines, but if he can do so better than a normal fighter or Magus (to which the answer is "no").

Also.. Eldritch Archer has two pretty useless abilities for it.
Since we were talking about the myrm, I fail to see how this is relevant. EA is a powerful archetype and myrm is not.