Quote Originally Posted by Guancyto
If you're a political peer, Perfect Soul is just about perfect for playing the US in an Afghanistan vs USSR scenario where you help turn Perfect Soul's resistance into a devastating quagmire for House Mnemon and then subsequently pull out when she's done fighting them, leaving her to shed a Perfect Tear(tm) amid the utter devastation of what used to be her homeland. (And then breaking with the reference conflict, you subsequently invade it.)

Or, you could steal Jiara's artifacts and subsequently turn the whole endeavor into a giant bust for Mnemon. Perfect Soul will probably die in retribution and the country will still be under the Realm's thumb but hey, you've got the shinies and that's what matters.

Or you could present yourself as a Solar willing to pledge to her cause (hopefully get some sort of sweet honorary nobility title in the process), only to turn on her and throw her out on her ass if she ever shows weakness and take over the country in her stead. You should probably just kill her though, Solar kings-in-exile tend to be pretty troublesome.

If you don't want her as an ally, she's basically begging to be screwed over by a sufficiently sneaky other Solar.
Hmm...

None of these feel like engaging with the material though. They're work arounds to using Jiara without focusing on Perfect Soul. (And uniformly heel moves)

I mean, to put this into contrast, I like canon NPCs from the Caste and Aspect books. I have no problem with big name NPCs in Exalted. Hell, I'm a Realms fan, I have no problem with big named allied NPCs. My issue comes in when they'd eclipse mine. And I still don't see how to do a story set in Jiara and not to feel eclipsed by the sig circle. They're active, they're defending the traditional values of their culture... there's nothing controversial enough to argue with them about, and unless subsequent material presents them as completely outmatched. (hahaha) they're going to be capable of defending the country perfectly well by themselves.

So why should we care about the country run by heroes that's being defended by them? In other games, or mortal Exalted games, I could kinda see it as you're lower level and they can't be everywhere, but a circle of Solars trying to defend the already Solar led empire?

Quote Originally Posted by Sith_Happens View Post
Depends which side of the screen you're on. As an ST you're just as free to ignore that webpage as anything else in Exalted. Heck, arguably even more so, the actual book is deliberately vague about who the rebel leader is except that she's the heir to the throne.

If you're a player in a game where Perfect Soul is the leader of the Jiaran resistance, then see everything Guancyto said.
I figure this amount of information is leading up towards them publishing something in more depth on the place, and possibly the sigs. Either in The Realm or in Different Skies. If so, that's page count that could've been used on anything else.