Quote Originally Posted by Inspector Valin View Post
I mean, to put this into contrast, I like canon NPCs from the Caste and Aspect books. I have no problem with big name NPCs in Exalted. Hell, I'm a Realms fan, I have no problem with big named allied NPCs. My issue comes in when they'd eclipse mine. And I still don't see how to do a story set in Jiara and not to feel eclipsed by the sig circle. They're active, they're defending the traditional values of their culture... there's nothing controversial enough to argue with them about, and unless subsequent material presents them as completely outmatched. (hahaha) they're going to be capable of defending the country perfectly well by themselves.

So why should we care about the country run by heroes that's being defended by them? In other games, or mortal Exalted games, I could kinda see it as you're lower level and they can't be everywhere, but a circle of Solars trying to defend the already Solar led empire?
Well I'll get back to you on that eventually, since I just joined a game revolving around Jiara in which Perfect Soul exists. Don't know yet whether she's going to have her own Circle though, I guess I could ask.