Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
So now I'm curious, do you read the manuals? Because the programming world is full of them and I usually only search for the information I need at the moment. (Except when learning the basics of something. )

As for the spell book if it is dense writing I would probably skim it the first time and only read some bits thoroughly. Then I would occasionally check for changes, at the beginning probably frequently but after a while (if big changes aren't super common) I don't think I would look at it more than once a month. I would certainly train it but minor changes just aren't all that interesting. If it was a magic system where you really had to study to master skills that would be something different.
Of the computer? I don't think my last computer actually came with one. Just a pamphlet of how to charge it properly.

Of the language, just specific stuff to figure out how to use a new function. From what I can tell the manual is meant to be used that way, since just calling man gives you an error. You have to look for something specific, since we don't have a physical copy.