Quote Originally Posted by Kurald Galain View Post
Well, there's your problem.

Enlarge Person doesn't increase your offense by much, breaks your defenses, and makes you a big target (in addition to not being usable in spell combat). Try Long Arm or Frostbite instead.

Shock Shield is an inferior version of shield, since its shock (1d6 damage save for half) is not going to impress anyone. Try regular Shield instead, or Vanish.

Also, depending on the opposition, consider opening with Color Spray or Grease instead of buffing yourself. Because buffing gets a lot more impressive if you've got 2nd or 3rd level spells to do it with.
Longarm increases my offense by less than Enlarge Person, by the math that I can see, still eats the first Round of combat, and still pulls in more aggro than I can eat in a Round; I say this from the experience of having used it with this Character (see the "generally" qualifier). Shield will make me even less likely to be approached as a threat by the enemy as the Shock Shield at least gives some fluff-based appearance of imminent danger - and functions as an (admittedly weak) AoE against foes like Swarms - so does not solve the issue that casting a defensive buff creates.

Frostbite would be lovely, were the odds that I could hit better than 35%. As it does not, to my knowledge, add to my odds of hitting the enemy, it's been of extremely limited utility thus far.

As for Bladed Dash, could you clarify having a single use per day of this Spell makes my Character relevant in a typical adventuring day of 4-5 expected Encounters? I mean, yes, I can nova through 3 Spells in the first few Rounds of the first combat (assuming the enemy isn't dead by the time the buff-cycle is done), but then?