Quote Originally Posted by WarDragon View Post
I really don't see the "randomness" thing as an indication that Dragon blood doesn't matter; if they're right, it's been long enough since the Empire fell that every human alive would have some draconic ancestry, just only a few have the right spiritual qualities to activate it, or don't have it in sufficient quantity. That's my take, at least.
Yeah, that's my take on it too, but I kept not managing to get it into words completely while talking about it.

Interesting and slightly disturbing thought; what if ALL Slayers are potential dragons, whose nascent Kauchomai was repurposed by Fate into self-loathing instead of self-confidence?
That is indeed an interesting thought.

A couple thoughts on mechanics. What about Academics, or Science, as the key skill for Sovereign of Storms? All about understanding weather patterns, and making just the right nudge to manipulate them. Also, shouldn't lightning bolts cause Lethal damage, not Bashing? Or is that just a concern for not taking away from fire breath?
Science would make sense, yes, but it runs into the same problem that Survival has, namely "Why would a gangster character want to have a good rating in this skill?" We want the die pool for using the ability to integrate naturally with the Yinglong, and we're still trying to figure out the best way to do that.

It's meant to be Bashing because getting hit by actual lighting also inflicts Bashing. I added in the damage bonus a while ago to buff it up, but to be honest it still feels like it could use some buffing. As is, it is generally weaker than a lot of mundane weapons, which doesn't feel right for a 3 dot Auxiliary.

Earlier in the thread, the amount of armor provided by Hide of Iron was being discussed. If 5 armor really isn't that impressive, especially given the damage numbers that real giant monsters can throw out, why not increase it? Say, every odd-numbered dot gives 2 points of armor instead of 1, for a total of 8 at HoI 5?
I don't remember exactly what that discussion entailed, but Hide of Iron seems fine where it is. If anything it might need to be a bit less powerful, not more.

I feel like either Heads of Wise Council, or the fourth dot of Immortality of Lerna, should have something that adds Autofire to your Brawl attacks. More heads, more bites, right? Seems to make as much sense as putting it in Bones of the Mountain.
I actually really like that. I would definitely like to add that into Immortality of Lerna.

There's typo in the Auxiliary Legacy, Adroitness of the Multitude:
Fixed

Once I get a break in prepping stuff for my Pathfinder game, I'll try and stat up some more characters at different experience levels, to try to get a feel for things.
By all means, go ahead. I've been doing some similar work just making NPCs for the playtest.