View Single Post

Thread: My D&D Multiverse

1. - Top - End - #11
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: My D&D Multiverse

Honestly, I've lost track of how many hours have been spent bringing this multiverse to life. I first started the project almost three years ago, and over time it's slowly grown and refined into its current form. The biggest change recently involved switching the locations of a few universes in order to provide a better fit for them and their respective themes and editions.

As for inspiration, I borrow a fair amount from D&D as a whole, and a number of the themes are loosely based on ones which already exist (Frontier, for example, is a fantasy-inspired take on a Western-themed setting), but for the most part I try to keep things as original as possible; aside from some of the races and creatures common in a lot of fantasy and folklore (dwarves, elves, orcs etc.), most creatures are entirely made-up, and D&D-licensed monsters and entities are generally absent. Even the world names are mostly ones I've made up, to the point where I would often Google a name to see if it has any search results; if there are 0 results, it's a perfect fit.

Speaking of setting names, they mostly use combinations of words from the Japanese and Latin languages (though some of them borrow from other languages as well), such as Zokugemina, which combines the Japanese word for "clan" or "tribe" with a Latin word for "twin".
    Last edited by Erik Woodhollow; 2015-12-26 at 12:47 AM.
    MY MAIN SETTINGS
    3.5: Thalasera, Sunayuki, Wyrmaria, Yume-Honto*
    4E: Dracromia-Metaligon, Zokugemina, Pentorbix, Frontier*
    Essentials: Junihoshi, Vitrumund, Astrumium, Terra Neos*
    5E: Incognes, Periquos, Kumorimbus, Panarcha*

*Uses one of two different rule systems