Quote Originally Posted by PurityIcekiller View Post
"Easily impressed, young one?" Audiences chuckled. "It's not often that Blueshield chooses to associate with one so innocent, or the other way around." She then gave Blueshield a stern look. "Most unexpected. Can you tell me how this came to be?"

Blueshield put a wing over Snowflake protectively. "Snowflake offered her assistance of her own free will, General, and I accepted. She seems capable enough. Her only serious demonstrated weakness is simple naïveté, and that is entirely correctable with time."

"That is good to hear." The Knight General jotted down a few notes, then looked up again. "So, Miss Snowflake, what do you intend to do now? Do you wish to return home tomorrow, or are you intending a longer stay? I hope you have prepared lodgings and know the local customs."

"General, there is no need for you to concern yourself with her accommodations. I have the situation under control."

"Be that as it may, I would still prefer to know. This is as much my jurisdiction as yours."

"With all due respect, Miss Snowflake is not our main topic of discussion tonight and may be overwhelmed by this interrogation."

Audiences gave another glare. "Blueshield, let her speak for herself. If she is unwilling or unable to answer, she may say so."

Blueshield lowered her head. "Pardon me, General. My intention was merely to ensure her comfort."

"Her comfort? Interesting." Audiences jotted down another note, then turned back to Snowflake. "So, do you wish to discuss your stay right now, Snowflake?"
Snowflake looked first at Blueshield, then at the large Mareabian horse that stood before her, seemingly intent on asking all the questions despite Blueshield's protestations. Well, Snowflake wasn't a pushover in her own right, and with a deep breath, gently looked up at Audiences again.

"Yes, I can discuss those now. Um, I'm planning to stay for an extended time... as long as I can help Blueshield, really. Miss Blueshield has kindly prepared an inn for us to stay and uh... I plan to learn some of the local customs from her as well, if possible. I uh... am looking forward to learning more about Saddle Arabia, Miss." Snowflake offered a small, sincere smile.