View Single Post

Thread: Star Power V: The Final Yawntier

1. - Top - End - #189
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Star Power V: The Final Yawntier

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    This is where he's going with this

I'm not sure why we keep getting cuts back to Lady Snaketongue unless it's to further highlight how wrong she is. I doubt Mookie's planning on letting her corrupt Humanity, but I wouldn't put it past him, either
    I'd actually love if he went full Watchmen-Rorschach on this, where the Queen totally destroys the human's sense of believe in his species and himself only to have him reach a level of understanding about how to achieve a simpler but important good (only
    Spoiler
    Show
    to be blown up by the psychic-space-squid
    ).

Of course, Mookie has basically said that he wants this to be the antithesis of Watchmen, since that was a deconstruction of the age of comics (and pretty much spelled its end, as far as I understand) that he is trying to revive/recapture with Star Power. So it would be a bit of a departure.

Edit: I wonder, does Mookie have strong feelings about how to pronounce gif?
    Last edited by Cavelcade; 2016-01-05 at 11:19 AM.

Spoiler
    Show
    Previous avatar courtesy of CoffeeIncluded - of Kurt, from the Toes in the Water Knee Deep Against the current Stormy Seas campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Craft (Cheese) View Post
    The irony comes in when we use "Orcs are a metaphor for human savagery" to rationalize human savagery.