"No, I'm sorry, Dušana," shakes Zellara's ghostly head, "but you already know the answer. Ruor is tied to your fate, and destiny must smile on her through you. The fate of animals is not guided by destiny, but their innate connection to their sapient masters and to the magic of the land."

Zellara looks to the ghostly Anaximander, who until now has looked upon the proceedings dispassionately. "I am sorry, sir, but Fate's fortune is only for the living, and you must be able to physically touch the card that might otherwise have guided your role. You are alive to maintain the fortunes of House al-Din. One could argue that you are an agent of Fate itself to intercede on their behalf to keep their line going even if you cannot help them individually. A very boon in itself as you seek to ensure a form of immortality not unlike your own."

She shuffles the cards (or rather, she makes a motion of shuffling and yet they move) and spreads them, that Guru Shyamal may choose any card for his role card. Like Ishani Dhatri before him, the card becomes immaterial as he grabs for it. "Gruhastha says that enlightenment comes from within, that we make our fate even as we unmake ourselves. I accept the Harrow's decision."

"Do not sit idly by while the city falls down around itself. You fear to show your true powers that your harmony might become disordered; that is disordered thinking itself. Help where you may,"
says Zellara. "But be warned, Guru ... Fate has chosen these men and women to be the heroes of their time. If you interfere beyond guidance, no matter how well intentioned, the metaphysical inertia in place will be disordered. Power will rise to match your own, overwhelming your charges, and without them, it will overwhelm you as well. Teach them, guide them, but do not act with them. Let your separate tasks help in other ways in other places in the city."

The Guru nods his head in understanding a few times. "I understand this, and accept this as well, though my sons might again be taken from me."