Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post

"Thank you,"
the griffon replies politely before looking over the bath. It is... rather nice to have a little alone time. It's kind of odd how after all this time now he's wanting for a moment's solitude. He, as requested attempts to keep the splashing to a minimum. It takes some care, as a griffon's wingspan is more than a pegasus'. One must wonder how many of his kind make it here. And that touches on the subject of food. It will take some care to request certain sources of protein.

After cleaning up, the griffon makes his way back to the inn's commons. Hopefully the culture shock won't lead him to offend.
Nothing like a nice, cool, refreshing bath to take away the stress of desert travel.

Once he was done, Morning Swirl was waiting for him at the counter. She looked him over carefully, then gave a nod. "You are looking much better. Now, it is necessary that we have a discussion of the services that are provided by the inn.

"So... I require of you that you are able to provide payment for food or use of the rooms. The cost of a meal is three silver coins, and the cost of a room is five silver coins." She hesitated a bit. "I will try to get something you are capable of eating. I... am afraid the thing that I have most similar to food griffons eat is the food I give to cats. I mean no insult, and I am very sorry if this offends you..." She blushed, then regained her composure. "Still, I have good tea. Is tea something you enjoy?"

Quote Originally Posted by Grif View Post
Snowflake looked at the tall Saddle Arabian with some wonder; it wasn't every day that you got to see someone like Blueshield intimidated like that. She looked first at Blueshield, then back at Audiences, looking a mite worried, and concerned at the same time. Taking a deep breath, she set her gaze back at the Saddle Arabian. "I... um... I don't want to cause any trouble for Miss Blueshield. I'm sure she'll turn out to be very helpful; you'll see." Her tone was perfectly sincere too. "Other than that, no, I don't think I have anything else to say."
"Let us hope your confidence is not misplaced, young one," said Audiences. "Your presence will help; a good example does wonders, and you are very respectful." She then raised a hoof. "Now, you both are dismissed. Enjoy your time in Mareabia, Miss Snowflake. Until we meet again."

"Farewell, General," sighed Blueshield. "Come, Snowflake. Unless you intend to do some more sight-seeing here, our next destination is the Waves' Edge."