1. - Top - End - #406
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Curse of the Crimson Throne: Seven Days to the Grave [IC]

It is later that evening that the servant shows in a mousy, jaundiced woman of about 50 ... Beta recognizes her as Eries Yelloweyes. She looks around and only sees Beta's face as familiar (besides the servant). She stands before the giant of a man, the quiet albion half-elf and her wolf, and the muscular man in the heavy metal armor.

"Are you three of them? Are you the ones that did not stop the slaughter with my kin?" she asks with tearing eyes before she looks away with a half-nod, half-shake of her head as she shuts her eyes and steps back. She takes a moment and turns to Beta, "It is done. I agonize that one of those killed was a nephew of mine, but that could not be helped. And when Girrigz Ripperclaws sent our impressionable youth and dire rats and rat swarms to infect the poor, that is when most of our people had to turn our backs on them. That is how I knew, stone-man, that you and your friends had failed - for it must have been borne of anger and vengeance for a failed attack, as it was too rash even for Girrigz. My people are sorry for this, and we police our own. I accept the loss of the misguided ones that followed Girrigz even to their own doom. I fear that this will only create even more paranoia and mistrust with the populace and they will set pogroms against my people."

She leans in a little to Beta, "Stone-man, I do not wish to be indelicate, but my anguish is still heavy and I cannot bear to be in the same room with them out of sorrow. Even if these people work with you, out of respect I ask that I talk with you alone about holding up my end of the bargain."
    Last edited by lostsole31; 2016-01-18 at 10:48 PM.
    18MAY2024: Completed reading Paizo's Pathfinder Campaign Setting: Towns of the Inner Sea (2013, Bauer, Bonner, et. al.).
    28JAN2024: Completed reading TPK Games' The Deductionist (2013, Everhart). This source is authorized for playtest.
    Spoiler: Player Status
    Show
    bcool999: 02-07 JUN 2024.