View Single Post

Thread: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk IC Thread

[Ward 4]
    (Kato Tower, Floor 73 - Wishcraft Offices)

Mia's wounds begin healing up, and she limps along with Leysa. "...that's a pretty dumb opinion to have." She's not entirely brushing it off, though. "...whatever." She lets the older mashou lead her along before reaching the edge of the building.

"...at least the skybridge is still up." Leysa suddenly gets a surge of instinctual dread from behind her.

(Kato Tower, B1 - Electrical Control Grid)

With a rerouting of a few more cords, the electricity in the control room flickers to life. "Hah! Take that, cocky li-"

A series of beeps comes from behind her as the door activates. "****."

Another explosion comes from below ground level.

Then... floor by floor along the elevator shaft. The explosions aren't floor-spanning, but it's a spit in the face of everyone who dared to hope as the power flickered on and then immediately started shorting out. High-pitched screeches sound as the elevators scream downwards from the upper floors.

Spoiler
    Show
    Helping Sel along here. Confirmed this to be the case!

(Skybridge 71F - Kato-Moto Connection)

Rio looks dumbly down at the Incubator...

Before jumping as something crashes behind her. She turns, takes stock of the man... and then runs as she recognizes the tufts of golden and black hair.

"Kin!"

The boy drops down as soon as Satou lets him, while Rio tries to pull the dog out from Satou's arms.

"Rio-chan I'm so sorry I didn't words words words words words words .... ... ... ... .. .... .. .... .. ."

Rio just focuses on Kin. To Satou, the boy is just trying to profusely apologize to 'Rio' but she's just... not reacting at all.

The incubator tilts its head at Satou. I suppose you object. But that isn't your decision to make.

Another set of explosions from Kato tower likely breaks things up a bit. Fortunately, the skybridge is well out of the blast radius, and the atmospheric scrubbers are working full blast to prevent smoke from filtering in.
    Last edited by strawberryman; 2016-01-22 at 07:49 PM.
    My Homebrew
    Sick props to Akrim.elf for the rockin' Chouko-tar!

BitP: Rebornē characters!
    Madokapunk!