Quote Originally Posted by the_david View Post
In 3rd edition D&D it was spell level x caster level x 10 gp. This would mean that a simple remove disease would cost 150 gp. An average commoner would make 9 gp/week with a succesfull profession check. So it would cost him 17 weeks of income.
Ofcourse there are other ways to get that kind of money. Don't forget that a family of 4 would make 36 gp/week. Your friends and relatives might be able to chip in, knowing you'd do the same for them. (I actually live in a country with proper health insurance so I've only seen crowdfunding for experimental treatments and transportation for people with less mobility around here.)

Edit: That would be lesser restoration in 5e, making it only 60 gp. A skilled hireling would make 2 gp/day, so it would cost one month of income.
That's assuming that divine magic sells at the same rate as arcane magic. I could imagine scenarios in which other things were more important to the religious organization involved than just money. Perhaps the divinity involved has mandated that his/her clerics heal the indigent without expectation of payment. Or perhaps the divinity involved revels in pain and suffering, and so only wants clerics healing certain individuals.