Mitch's jaw clinches and his cheeks take on a flush of embarrassment and rage as the previously benign voice reveals a sudden and unexpected propensity for slander. The fact that its comments would indeed explain a number of troubling inconsistencies in Miss Chalmer's past behavior and biography was neither here nor there. Really, this was utterly beyond the pale. Wholly unacceptable. Uncivilized.

"Really, that's quite enough! A whores-daughter?! I won't believe it!" He explodes, dousing the poor Apprentice Chalmers with a spray of spittle.

Eyes widen in shock as Mitch realizes that he's spoken aloud. "I...er...uh...that is...well..." He stammers, too scandalized by the outburst to form a proper apology.

"As you can see, this is a particularly troubling case. I fear poor Mitchell will be entirely useless to me until this matter is sorted, and that will, regrettably, hurt the bottom line. Is there any way to expedite an appointment? I'd prefer not to take my business to the Asmodeans," Lock crinkles his nose, as if the word itself conjured up the reek of brimstone, "but if it needs be done..."

"...Quite so, sir." Murmurs Mitch, sullen.

Spoiler
Show
Diplomacy for Lock? Probably not after Vanilla's outburst, but who knows. I don't think he's bluffing, but he has the same modifier in both skills.

(1d20+6)[14]