Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus View Post
"It is no insult. I know it my kind can be difficult to accommodate. For the most part, I can eat what ponies eat. Too much sugar makes me ill though." There's a joke about ponies not knowing what too much sugar is though, but the griffon isn't familiar enough at this point to attempt. "Tea would be welcome."
"It is a relief to hear you saying that." Morning Swirl smiled. "I think you will not have many problems with the food, if that is the case. I am able to serve vegetables over rice, and that has only spices, not sugar. The tea will be ready shortly, and I will have my kitchen assistants prepare the meal."

Quote Originally Posted by MCerberus
He takes a moment before considering the money.
"The coin I have is in gold. Do you require it be changed?"
The innkeeper considered for a moment. "Coins of gold are used in this country if they are the right kind. But our golden coins are different from Equestrian bits. Our coins are a different size, and the gold is more pure - in Equestria, they must make many more coins with the same quantity of gold, and they add other metals to it." She shook her head. "If you have bits, you must give them to a money-changer. I can tell you where one is near here, if it is necessary."