Spoiler: Juma
Show
Juma realizes that he is unlikely to receive a clear answer, as the voice in his head is unlikely to address him directly. Furthermore, while cutting himself as a means of expressing negative feelings is certainly one way to cope with them, it's rather missing the point of the ritual mutilation practiced by the other members of Vildeis's church. On the whole, he decides that it's likely a better idea to go looking for answers, as surely someone must know something about what has happened to him. After carving a single design into his leg, therefore, he decides to head for Hospice, thinking that he can at least get some food while deciding his next course of action.

Spoiler: Mister Vanilla
Show
"I beg your pardon," Apprentice Chalmers says in a rather icy tone. "I believe the earliest opening is with Vaultkeeper Ferron, at three and a quarter hours past noon today. If that is satisfactory, I can make an appointment for you, Journeyman Vanilla." Unspoken, but very much conveyed, is the statement that if so he would be well advised to nod and leave, since he has clearly offended Apprentice Chalmers personally.

Wisely, Mister Vanilla decides to take this appointment and then go to the district of Hospice, thinking that he can get some food and take some time to recover his composure before his appointment with the Vaultkeeper.

Spoiler: Kiyanna
Show
Aakif continues to stare at Kiyanna with a blank, bored expression. "Think you've had a bit too much already," he says, not sounding like he particularly cares. "No clue who you are, mask or not. Anyway, what did you want?"

Spoiler: Peregrin Ardoc
Show
Gareth watches Peregrin Ardoc leave without a word, then goes back to his daily business. After a moment, Peregrin Ardoc realizes that he is somewhat hungry, and decides to go to the district of Hospice, thinking that he can at least get some food and take a moment to decide on his next course of action.

Spoiler: Rose
Show
"First of Pharast," Diana says, not unkindly, suggesting that Rose lost only a day before awakening after her incident with the monks. "And I know Kervak, yes. Believe he's staying with his family in Oriat at present, or I can let him know you were looking for him. What was your name again?"

Spoiler: Istilia Ennira
Show
Istilia Ennira makes her way back across the city, having already begun to piece together the reality of her current situation. The next piece, of course, falls into place once she is back in Hospice, and goes into the inn in which she was staying previously. She recognizes the building, and upon entering recognizes the innkeeper, standing behind the desk. The innkeeper does not, however, seem to recognize her, giving her a blank look as she enters. "Looking for a room?" the innkeeper asks.