View Single Post

Thread: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk IC Thread

1. - Top - End - #169
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Grief In the Shell: Madokapunk IC Thread

[Ward 4]
    Park

Leysa nods along with Turnbull's explanations of his thoughts on the case, her expression a mixture of empathy and weariness. She perches on the seat of her bike, legs folded up against one of the sides and arms wrapped around her knees. Despite being clearly more composed than she was on landing, she's still rather obviously processing quite a few of her own thoughts on the matter. Whether or not she wants to share is entirely another question; Duncan may or may not already know about Leysa's tendency towards caginess when she's having a hard time with something.

When the message comes through, Leysa flips her phone open and skims it.

"It's another spot to look at, that's what I got out of it. My doctorate is elsewhere."

That's...a joke? Maybe? She's old enough to have gotten one at some point, but...

"Any progress is good progress. Anyway, I call shotgun."

She stands up, brushing herself off, and heads for the car unless Duncan doesn't follow.

"Oh. One more thing."

She doesn't make eye contact with the following statement, although she's not avoiding it, either. Just looking forward.

"Don't think of this person, or these people, as child murderers. You'll get the wrong idea. If this was the same person who took out the Mayor, it's someone very competent. Cold. Calculating. Whatever they're doing, they have a reason and very specific targets: the Mayor, the Wishcraft offices; the kids were collateral damage, terrible though that is. A sacrifice, or even a necessary evil. There is a very detached logic behind the killer's actions, a need to see their version of justice born through. At least, that's the read I'm getting. Up to you if that makes it better or worse. Just don't get too wrapped up in getting angry at whoever did this. Anger and hate twist your head around, make it harder to understand your enemy. They cause mistakes. I'm sure you know that already, of course, just...giving a gentle reminder."
    Last edited by Dorizzit; 2016-01-26 at 01:46 PM.
    Truly awesome Ark Tamaeus avatar by Bryn. Full size version here.