[Dragon Non-Battle]

"Hmm, and she's too big to fit in my soul-jar..."

Cleo chuckles.

"She is rather clever, isn't she? But I don't expect to be able to end this purely through friendly chatting. It would be a pleasant surprise. But we have to plan for her not cooperating too."

Then a flash and a crinkle of stone. She turns to look at the statue of a water-dragoness. Rolls an eye...until Claire speaks again.
Well, that's easy enough to say. Let's prove it. Cleo tries her standard means to remove the petrification. Right hand, red beam, back to the living thing you used to be! Or not. She wheels back to Claire, eyes furious and ... excited?

"And what, I should trust you because I have no other options?"
Because Cleo can think of a lot of other options right off the top of her head. There are a number of friendly goddesses who can step in later to fix Keiko, more difficult ways to end petrification, and of course convincing Claire that it's in her best interests to undo it.

She starts to sing a lullaby.
It's not Mass Calm Emotions. The song is only focused on the entangled Messenger.
Perhaps it was the crowd losing its anger that injured her earlier. But she's hoping not.