Quote Originally Posted by dascarletm View Post
I have read similar stories. I like both. Neither is better than the other. That is my opinion. Do you believe that Lord of the Rings was a terrible story, and all the characters were irrelevant to the plot? Did their decisions not direct the plot in any way?
Lord of the Rings is a low level story. The characters don't have the option to take the Ring to Mount Doom by teleporting there, or by flying there, or by tunneling there, or by in any way bypassing the plot. They can't attempt a military conquest of Mordor, or negotiate with Sauron, or call up an army. They can take the Ring to Mount Doom by walking there, and do some holding actions in the meantime.

The point of high level is that you have new and different options (as well as new and different challenges) than you did at low level. You can teleport past obstacles, which means that you are challenged by a different set of obstacles (specifically, obstacles you can't circumvent with teleport). You can direct the plot more than you could when your choice was "brave the blizzard or brave the Mines of Moria".

Rage, and the Auspicious Mark Rage Power.
No, none of those abilities allow you to invoke Kord's favor by calling a tournament. Try again.