Quote Originally Posted by Florian View Post
The "technical side" does not automatically carry over to in-game knowledge and an NPC does not automatically understand what you mean when you´re using "technical terms".

So far, I haven´t read any really convincing arguments that any side, character or outsider, knows the exact items (in the sense of the technical term) we´re talking about.
You certainly can argue that it is impossible to wish for items because you character can't possibly know what an item is, and likewise it is impossible to craft items, and likewise impossible to buy items... I don't know why you would think that when the DMG has rules for buying items and crafting items, and the PHB has rules for wishing for items.

Maybe they just assumed that no one would seriously be so purposefully dumb as to demand a rules citation for knowing that items exist. Maybe, just maybe, arguing that people can't buy or craft items because what even are items is not the best way to address Wishes for Items. Just maybe.

Quote Originally Posted by ShurikVch View Post
It's highly unusual. Most instances of Wish-looping suggested by wet behind the ears low-levels, who are physically incapable to cast Circle vs X; hell, original Pun-Pun was 5th level!
If you are using Gate (Or Candle of Invocation, which casts Gate) then you don't need anything, because you just super mega mind control them for the duration of the Gate, and make them Wish properly and give you what you want.

Quote Originally Posted by zergling.exe View Post
I believe it was either detailed in a splat, or is something specific to perhaps demons/devils. But there is something that says that at least some outsiders are pretty much incapable of being killed, as they always reform on their home plane at some point in the future.
So just to be clear, you admit that you were completely in the wrong and Efferti doesn't come back to life, he stays dead?