Quote Originally Posted by supergoji18 View Post
Hello. Lately I've been fascinated by the Deities and Demigods book and the d20srd sections about gods. I've been looking at it for a while now and I've been trying to make a deity of my own. However, there are a few things I am very confused about when seeing how they determined certain features on these beings. Here is a list of questions.

1. How are the stats for each deity determined? I recall on a forum somewhere that there is a Deity Ability Array, but there is no mention of this in the rulebooks, and the math doesn't seem to add up for me.
2. Do deities get a bonus to ability scores form their Divine Rank?
3. How is it decided that a deity gets Outsider Hit Dice? I read somewhere that only natural born deities get it, so ascended mortals don't get them. However, St. Cuthbert gets 20 Outsider HD despite his backstory saying he was an ascended mortal. Additionally, the dragon deities only have Dragon Hit Dice.
4. Do only the humanoid/outsider deities get class levels? Because none of the dragon deities seem to have them.
5. Speaking of class level, is there any relation between a deities class level and/or hit dice and their divine rank?
6. How are the stats determined for the Dragon Deities? Did they just take a dragon and give it the benefits of divinity? Because I've looked at Bahamut's stats and it doesn't seem to add up that he is any of the given Metallic Dragons.
7. How are the non outsider/ascended human hit dice determined?

I'm not sure if I missed something in the book or website, but if someone could clarify these things for me that would be great. Thank you!
I'm no expert on this, but sounds like WotC messed up on #3. Outsider HD are supposed to be for natural born deities. For #6, Bahamut is a platinum Dragon - the only platinum Dragon. So... his stats match his stats. For #7... um... well, by their HD?