1. - Top - End - #284
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Myrrh, Frankincense, and Steel: Kurald Galain's Guide to the Magus

Quote Originally Posted by digiman619 View Post
    You treated the various energy enhancements (flaming, frost, shock, etc.) as stackable, but to quote Pathfinder Core Rulebook, pg 470 (and again, forgive me for rules lawyering) "Upon command, a flaming weapon is sheathed in fire... The effect remains until another command is given"
    By my reading, this means "if you speak the word 'fire' in Elvish, a flaming weapon is sheathed in fire... the effect remains until you speak the word 'ash' in Elvish." And likewise, "if you speak the word 'lightning' in Dwarvish, a shock weapon is covered in electricity..."

It shouldn't be read as "... the effect remains until you speak any other command word whatsoever".

Then why doesn't anyone mention abusing the f--k out of this with a soulknife?
    Because this isn't abuse. Rather, it is the arcane equivalent of power attack. A level-5 Magus (or soulknife) has the choice of making a weapon +2 to hit / +2 damage, or +1 to hit / +4.5 damage (i.e. 1d6+1), or +0 to hit / +7 damage (2d6). In other words, drop to-hit by two points to gain +5 damage, which is pretty much the same returns that power attack gives you. Useful and versatile, certainly, but not at all abusive.
    Last edited by Kurald Galain; 2016-02-16 at 06:36 PM.
    Guide to the Magus, the Pathfinder Gish class.

"I would really like to see a game made by Obryn, Kurald Galain, and Knaight from these forums. I'm not joking one bit. I would buy the hell out of that." -- ChubbyRain
    Crystal Shard Studios - Freeware games designed by Kurald and others!