Quote Originally Posted by Cosi View Post
I want the games I play to be good. I want their rules to be consistent with the game world, well thought out, and not to imbalance the game. And I want them to do those things without mental gymnastics. I think an important part of that is getting people to admit that the rules are broken when the rules are broken. Because if people don't complain about bad rules, we never get good rules.
I don't know if you noticed this, but 3.5 is kind of a done deal So if you're hoping for some kind of epiphany on WotC's part regarding Frostburn upon reading posts in this or any other thread, I have unfortunate news for you: they have their solution, which is to make things more explicitly rules-light, i.e. 5e.

Also, I agree with you that the rule is bad - or at least that there are valid interpretations of the text that have bad results, and that there are valid interpretations of the text that have less bad results, the net result of which is still bad since there isn't even consensus on which to use.