Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
I don't know if you noticed this, but 3.5 is kind of a done deal So if you're hoping for some kind of epiphany on WotC's part regarding Frostburn upon reading posts in this or any other thread, I have unfortunate news for you: they have their solution, which is to make things more explicitly rules-light, i.e. 5e.
WotC is not the only entity capable of producing games I want to play. Given that I am most interested in games that improve on 3e, rather than throw it all away because balancing it is hard, I am well served by discussing balancing 3e.

Also, I agree with you that the rule is bad - or at least that there are valid interpretations of the text that have bad results, and that there are valid interpretations of the text that have less bad results, the net result of which is still bad since there isn't even consensus on which to use.
None of your stuff fixes wish in any way at all. It makes it harder to get SLA/Su wish but it does absolutely nothing to stop someone with that capability from breaking the entire game. All your solutions do is break other things. Like planar binding or ice assassin.