Quote Originally Posted by johnbragg View Post
This is good advice, but I don't know that it's good advice for OP's table. Same level is a good idea, but it's probably too late for that. OP's wizard is dominating the game through blasting. He's dominating because everyone else is slacking, as in not using their abilities well. The Barbarian isn't raging. The greatsword-wielding Fighter isn't power-attacking. the Bard isn't singing. The cleric is at least using spells. Maybe in a later encounter we can show the cleric how to buff allies during combat, or use Dispel Magic to debuff the baddies.

The Wizard is playing right, relative to everybody else at the table. They need to step up their game.
Good to use the same amount of advice with the other players. Have a little 1on1 session with them as well. And be like. Hey, you know you can do this right? I am not sure as to how new the players are, but sometimes new players are scared too use what they have. either due to forgetting or thinking that x/rounds of rage a day is very small. Sometimes, it takes a slap to the head and what do you think Bards do? They play music! Do it!

:D

As far as the equalization of the levels. I do not think it is ever to late for that... May have to sacrifice half a gaming session so everyone can level. But it can be done. :D