Quote Originally Posted by Gaelbert View Post
Been playing a bunch recently. Not really sure why they felt the need to buff Falstad, he's already one of my favourites and I'm pretty sure he has a fairly respectable win rate.
IMO it was to make his non-autoattack stuff more appealing. Gathering Storm never seemed worth it, with the small amount of stacks it pulled in.
Quote Originally Posted by Anxe View Post
That was probably just for the original maps. Infernal Shrines and Battlefields of Eternity are both clearly Diablo maps. I'm not as familiar with the Warcraft universe, but I got the sense that some of the maps were for that setting as well. Starcraft has enough interesting map ideas they've set up in the campaign that I think they could do it without tying directly into the campaign's story (No Amon or Xel'naga stuff). A map based off the lava or terrazine missions for example.
Yeah, they pretty explicitly themed Infernal Shrines and Battlefields after Diablo, and they released them during a big Diablo event where they released the Butcher and had the Treasure Goblin event.

I don't believe any of the base maps are from Warcraft, they have their own backstory. Interestingly, Hearthstone has referenced Captain Blackheart (there's a Tavern Brawl named "Captain Blackheart's Treasure"), although apparently there's also a WoW NPC who's a pirate named Burgy Blackheart.