1. - Top - End - #6
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfClericGuy

Default Re: "Shadowrun" themed RPG system, but lighter

A few more days have passed; i know quite a lot more about systems.

I read up on apocalypse world and savage worlds.
    I like them both, but i feel savage world is "just another" d&d, looks quite a bit crunchy. I read up Interface zero 2.0, which is basically savage worlds with cyberpunk equipment. Looks very "scalable" (my setting will have the government very strong, through superior equipment) which is perfect for me.

I also read sixth world, and i read up the base rules for dungeon worlds (which should be the same as apoc world).
    I really like what i see. When i want to climb in savage worlds, i make a check to measure distance travelled. When i do so in apocalypse world, i make a check to see which interesting thing is going to happen.
    This is great! I like that a lot. I can get the feel that i want by creating new moves (i just made one: Assassinate: rolled when target is surprised. Pick 1/2 between: Target cannot take any action before death; The kill is clean; You cover all your traces) which is just so perfect.
    A couple of custom stealthy moves would cover most of what i want to emphasize in my specific setting.

However, sixth world is way too tied in the shadowrun setting. Classes are pretty specific (my group will start as common people) and there's too much material i would not use (virtual reality, spirits, astral plane, possibly magic) which is built into the classes.
    I also still feel i don't quite "get" the apoc world engine yet. I don't know how to initiate MC actions, nor how to make stronger or weaker enemies, but that will probably come with time. Some things seems to be missing (what move do we use for trying to open an alarmed door?)

Can you guys suggest me another apocalypse world hack, with more generic cyberpunk rules?
    I'm looking for something that allows high-tech equipment to make a big difference, and to make people heavily dependant on what gear they carry for their power level.
    Also, some trick on how to make everything deadlier (but not unbalanced)?
    Last edited by Madeiner; 2016-03-14 at 01:34 PM.