Are the fireworks metaphorical?

Quote Originally Posted by Stegyre View Post
The issue then (it seems to me) would be whether archons could reach Stanley's present position, or his path back to Jetstone, from Charlescom in two or three turns.
Or could they capture Jetstone (or any other city he headed to) before he got there? Jetstone's tower was already worried that it was poorly defended.

Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
I worry that with this newfound knowledge, Stanley won't be returning to the safety of his cities...
And yes, that's another potential problem. Charlie might have more than 3 turns to assemble an attack on Stanley if Stanley feels safe enough where he's at. The text said, "He'd planned to march these clowns to Spacerock over land..." but I think may have only referred to the fifteen of them that were promoted to knights and were supposed to go to Spacerock all along. The rest of the JEs would remain in the field wrecking things under the original plan. Maybe the plan changed once Stanley got the message from Sizemore, though. And Stanley did say, "Assuming we make it through our next turn..." as if he knew that they were in considerable danger where they were at.

The picture at the bottom should be after GK's turn, but I can't tell if they moved or not.